The New York School Bus Contractors Association is an organization comprising of more than one hundred school transportation service companies with the primary mission of promoting safe, reliable and cost-effective student transportation in New York State.
This Week's Industry Highlights & Reminders
- NYSBCA's Annual Convention will be held in-person at the TWA Hotel at JFK Airport, October 15-17, 2021. Watch the website for more information!
- The Summer issue of NYSBCA's the Yellow Bus newsletter now available
- Newly Released (May 6th) Guidelines for the Coronavirus Economic Relief for Transportation Services (CERTS) Grant Program
- Education Law Changes in the 2021-22 Enacted State Budget Governing Eligibility of Certain COVID Transportation Expenditures for State Transportation Aid
- FMCSA's ELDT Training Providers Toolkit
This page includes several resources in a box to the right to include the: e-Learning Training Providers Guide to ELDT, factsheet, countdown checklist, curricula summary, training overview and a March 4 webinar for training providers.
Extension of Deadline for Requests for Transportation to Nonpublic and Charter Schools
Pursuant to Executive Order(s) issued by the Governor for the COVID-19 crisis, the Governor has extended through May 27, 2021, Section 3635 of the Education law, the deadline for parents to file transportation requests with their school district in order to obtain transportation for their children for the 2020-2021 and the 2021-2022 school year.
- Looking for last week's news? It has been moved to our NEWS section.
- School Bus Fast Facts!